Occupation Search Results
Licensing Requirements

License Title:



Wisconsin residents who grow, sell or buy cultivated ginseng root or seed must register with the department. Each shipment of cultivated ginseng also requires a Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection ginseng certificate. Certificates are valid January 1 to December 31 of each year. The certificates will be mailed to you after you return the completed application along with the appropriate fee.

Ginseng dealers from outside Wisconsin who do business in the state must register. Shipments of cultivated ginseng require certification.

If you intend to export dried ginseng root or seed to locations out of the United States, you must complete the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services CITES application.

Required Documentation:
Growers and dealers are required to keep records of all domestic and export sales. Records must include purchaser's name, sale date, weight, ginseng source, and year of harvest.

Contact the department for details.

Licensing Authority:
WI Dept of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
2811 Agriculture Drive
P.O.Box 8911
Madison, WI 53718-8911
(608)224-4500   (608)244-4656 fax


Occupation Profile
Wisconsin.gov E-Government Portal
  American Job Center Banner

Home | Contact Us | About Us | Legal | Help | What's New | Site Map
Department of Workforce Development
  The information on this site is updated regularly. The same search run at another time may produce different results.